Dothan City Schools
School Uniform Dress Code Effective 2009-2010
The Dothan City Board of Education voted and approved, at its November 17, 2008 meeting, a mandatory uniform dress code for all K-12 students. All elementary, middle, and high school students in the Dothan City School System shall implement, within the guidelines below, the school uniform policy beginning with the 2009-2010 school year.
TOPS FOR MALES AND FEMALES
Solid white, navy blue, and/or, red or black (DHS cluster), maroon or gold (NHS cluster), button front oxford, polo, turtleneck, blouse-type shirts with sleeves (long sleeves or short sleeves)
* All shirts/blouses must have collars.
* A small unobtrusive logo that can be covered with a quarter is acceptable.
* All tops must be tucked in as part of the uniform. (K-1st, preferred but optional)
* Undershirts must be solid white or navy with no wording or pictures (t-shirts are considered undershirts)
Males: Khaki or navy blue pants or shorts. Shorts must be no more than two inches above the knee and no more than two inches below the knee. Stretch pants, cargo pants or pants with pockets below the hip line are unacceptable (corduroy fabric permitted).
Females: Khaki or navy blue pants, shorts, skorts, capris, skirts, or jumpers (corduroy fabric permitted).
* All pants, shorts, skorts, and capris must be secured at the waist and cannot "sag".
* Shorts, skorts, skirts, and jumpers must be no more than two (2) inches above the knee in the front and
back. Two inches above the knee or longer is the rule.
* Blouses or shirts must be worn with jumpers.
* Belts must be worn with pants and shorts that have belt loops.
* Belts are optional for students in grades K-1st.
* Stretch pants, cargo pants or pants with pockets below the hip line are unacceptable.
KHAKI IS DEFINED AS LIGHT TAN IN COLOR.
SHOES: Tennis shoes (sneakers) and fully enclosed shoes (loafers, boats shoes, oxfords, etc...)
* All shoe straps must be strapped.
* All laces must be tied and laces must be both of the same color.
* The style and color of shoes should be sensible and appropriate for school attire.
* Socks and hosiery (to include tights) must be of the appropriate solid color of black, white, brown, or
* Heels-no more than 2 inches in height.
Solid color belts in black, brown, or navy, in the appropriate length, small to medium buckle.